Monday, January 4, 2010

Macro Monday: No Icicle Is the Same



Check out more macro mondays at sunday stills.
These icicles were hanging off the lean-to
covering the woodpile -- on a warmer day
the snow started sliding off the roof
and was frozen in motion!

This is my first photo challenge - I didn't
see a subject for the macro monday like
there is for the sunday stills....
and I know it should be more of a macro
but I needed to get my feet wet!
If this is incorrect please bear with me...


13 comments:

  1. Did you post the link to just this post at the Sunday Stills site..so that people come to see you? Call me if you have any questions.. It is a wonderful moody macro:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool shot, I got ya approved at Sunday Stills and your comments are up.
    Thanks for joining in...Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great icicle shot! welcome also! I just joined this fall. I LOVE your header shot of the barn loft and door!
    my pictures are at:
    http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool shot of icicles. They look like fingers. You should check out my blog. I have one sort of like it here: http://fantastykvoyage.blogspot.com/2010/01/feel-my-icy-hand.htmlere:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the wind must have been blowing while all this was going on.... Nice catch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting icicles. But, I'm ready for a warm up. :) Welcome to Macro Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No indeed no icicle is the same ... great "motion" capture!!!!
    Gena @ thinking aloud
    Blog/ post: http://tobethinkingaloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool how those froze like that! Nice Macro!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that an interesting ice formation! Nicely captured~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting me. Sorry I was on vacation and just now getting around to last weeks challenge pictures.

    Very cool picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea how they managed to do that! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete